Azzaden Trekking Lodge
“HOW MANY MOUNTAIN REFUGES in the Alps offer rose water to sprinkle on your hands and face after a hard day’s hike? If that and other traditional Berber touches sound tempting, then look no further than the Kasbah du Toubkal’s recently opened three-bedroom lodge”
Tala Skari, TIME Magazine, April 18, 2007
- Are you looking to find solitude in a dramatic location? Or, would you like to go trekking in remote areas without forgoing creature comforts? Then why not visit our spectacular new trekking lodge?
- Follow this link to see the rooms and prices http://www.kasbahdutoubkal.com/prices/kasbah.html#tl
To make a reservation, please call us now on:
+44 (0)1883 744667 or send an e-mail to .
Not ready to book yet? Then download our leaflet “The Kasbah du Toubkal Trekking Lodge” in PDF format.
More information about the Lodge:
The building of the Kasbah has allowed people to stay in Imlil without foregoing the creature comforts that we increasingly take for granted and enjoy all the more after being out in the fresh mountain air. Until now trekking further out and staying overnight in the Toubkal Massif has meant either camping or staying in a local house which whilst a wonderful experience is not for everyone.
The first of our trekking lodges has been built in the village of Aït Aïssa in the Azzaden valley and is a half/full days trek (depending on route) from the Kasbah du Toubkal. The valley of Azzaden is truly spectacular and very traditional. The Lodge is very comfortable offering similar levels of facilities to the Kasbah’s Garden House and now allows guests to stay right in the heart of the spectacular Atlas Mountain without having to compromise on accommodation. Its architectural style is such that it complements the environment of the surrounding villages which welcomes its presence in their valley.
- 4 en-suite bedrooms with spectacular views
- Traditional wooden ceilings, wooden carved doors and other traditional features
- A small hammam (bathhouse)
- Solar powered underfloor heating
- Spectacular terrace looking up to the snow capped peaks of the Toubkal Massif
- Lounge with picture windows, wood burning stove, music etc
In keeping with our sustainable standards, we have already formed a Village Association to carry out community projects in the area. Many local villagers were involved during the building of this lodge and it is a very welcomed development in the valley.
Whilst it is envisaged that the majority of guests will hike in/out of the valley there are many possible variations as the lodge can also be reached by an 18km dirt road so it can make a very special hideaway for those not wishing to trek in/out but perhaps stay for a few days, relax and do shorter walks in the surrounding area. Options include a range of treks and circular routes using the Azzaden Trekking Lodge either as a stopover or as a base for day hikes. It is even possible (by special arrangement) to use mountain bikes or horses to access this wonderfully peaceful and beautiful location. We look forward to welcoming you.